Thursday, January 05, 2012

Grace Is Free - Be Content

Good Thursday morning! Just a bit late today, must've been the nightmares last night. Cursed we are, and death we see, but believe upon the Morning Star, and find the grace of Christ is free! Sometimes I wonder how ever in the world Christ could accept me. Of course, that is part of it. Jesus doesn't depend on a worldly view of me to cleanse me from all unrighteousness. He depends upon the Word. His Word. Not what the world knows or thinks but His own wisdom is the standard Christ uses to judge. We live by His grace. As I looked at my sinful mind today, I realized that the only way I can be counted righteous is through Christ Jesus. The only way I can be seen as holy is through Christ Jesus. That reminds me of John 14:6 where Jesus said that He is the way.

The world will lead us to religious methods for salvation. But Jesus stated that He alone is the way. We feel a temptation in our rebellious hearts to follow a prescription for cleansing, or a map that requires brave deeds and steep climbs, but Jesus alone can provide salvation. Grace is a free gift. In making my resolutions for the year, I find that I want to be perfect. That hasn't happened any other year, resolutions kept or not. I'm not sure why I think it would happen this year in my own strength and effort. Hmm, grace as a free gift. Perhaps I should start with being content in that. Then with a prayer and the guidance of the Spirit, I can make some resolutions that will work for positive change.

Rest in Christ today,
Bucky

No comments: