Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Worry Less, Accomplish More - June 16, 2009

Good Tuesday morning! What a reminder from Pastor Rogers this morning! I do tend to say this activity is more spiritual than this other activity during my day. Perhaps that explains my slow progress in some areas. "But wouldn't Bible study be more spiritual than taking a shower?" I am tempted to ask. As I think about that, I recall a story in the Bible where Jesus stripped down to a towel and washed His disciples feet. The way to freedom in our time seems to be that we recognize all of it as belonging to God. A question to start the day: how well can I use all of the time I am given for God? Hmm, wait a minute. If God has given the day to me, how do I find out what He would have me to do with all of His time? Am I rejecting His gift to me of this day by trying to say the time is all His?

The solution is in the first part: don't worry that one activity is more spiritual than another. Obviously sin is not an activity that we are to engage in and would not be spiritual in any case. However, we tend to get tied up in knots worrying that we are not honoring God if we don't spend the first two hours of the day in Bible study and prayer. God may call you to spend some time in prayer at the start of each day, or you may simply enjoy doing that activity first. You might feel called to honor God by exercising first each day. However, God has given you and me all of the day to spend. You might spend the last part of your day in Bible study, or may even spend time both morning and evening with God. The main point is that while working, playing, eating, Bible reading, praying, worshipping, or singing praises to the Lord, we honor God in all that we do.

The wisdom for today might be summed as: worry less, accomplish more.

Have a blessed and wonderful day in Christ,

Bucky

No comments: