Friday, October 09, 2026

Enabled To Believe

Immediately, in the morning, the chief priests held a consultation with the elders and scribes and the whole council; and they bound Jesus, led Him away, and delivered Him to Pilate. Then Pilate asked Him, “Are You the King of the Jews?”
He answered and said to him, “It is as you say.”
-- Mark 15:1-2

Last night I noticed a little stupid fluttering about. So I grabbed it and fondled it a bit. Upon finding out that I had not done what I thought I had done, and that what I was trying to do was doubling the problem, I stopped and corrected the first part and then was able to do the second. Then I let the stupid go on its way. If you are past childhood, but not yet suffering from A.G.E. you will not understand all that.

Meanwhile, back in the scriptures. Jesus has been taken, in restraints, to the Roman authority. Why? The Jewish religious authorities wanted their Roman overseers to take the life of this son of the tribe of Judah. Pilate, perhaps thinking to be smart or funny, asks Jesus one question, "Are you the king of the Jews?" The high priest had asked Jesus a question that Jesus answered similarly, "It is as you say". So, Jesus claimed to be the Christ, the Son of God, and King of Israel. The question is, what does each person believe about that? The priests, Pharisees, scribes, and (nearly) all the Sanhedrin have refused to believe Jesus. What will Pilate do?

Praise God that we were enabled to believe in Jesus!

Bucky

No comments: