Friday, September 27, 2024

The Old Believer's Boast

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Let's take inventory: Am I weaker today because it takes longer to do what I used to do, or it hurts way more to do what I once did, or I just flat out can't do what I was able to do not so long ago? Getting older is not without its frustration. As older believers in our Lord Jesus, we have something those young 'uns don't have yet, lots of reasons to boast of our weaknesses. Where once we might boast of how much we could lift or press, now we have no cause to boast of that sort of thing. Praise God for the opportunity to show off the sufficiency of His grace! Where once we might have impressed someone with dexterity of hand or smoothness of motion, now we can tell of the perfecting of God's strength in our infirmities.

Evidently, like John testified, I must become less as He becomes greater in me!

Bucky

No comments: