Friday, February 16, 2024

The Springtime Of Our Lord Jesus

Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. For me to write the same things to you is not tedious, but for you it is safe.  Philippians 3:1

When I set out on a morning to write to you of rejoicing, it comes to mind that at this time of the year it is a struggle to rejoice always in the Lord. It isn't the Lord's fault of course and I hesitate to blame myself for it, but it is there in February. Winter has been going on for a while now, and it has not been particularly bad this year except for a brief ten days or so back in January. However, we have experienced a lot of cloudy weather this year and that begins to wear on a person at this time of the season. So, maybe you and I can rejoice in a bit of co-suffering, and together we can wait on the springtime of joy to come in the person of our Lord Jesus. 

The most difficult waiting comes just before the thing happens!

Bucky

No comments: