Monday, March 28, 2022

No Force Required!

Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. Matthew 7:12

If I should find myself with nothing to do, it seems that I might examine this golden rule in our verse for today and find that something I seek. What is it that I want my fellow humans to do to me?

Now asking someone else is always an option that will produce a great many suggestions, and we each know of someone who perhaps excels at this sort of thing, to put a polite spin on it. Sometimes we do not even get the chance to ask them before the suggestions come forth! The rule, as we call it, does not say to ask that other person though, it tells us to consider what each of us want others to do to us, and then to go forth and do it to them. Right away this leaves off anything requiring force or coercion, as not one of us likes to be forced to do a thing. And of course there is that deep dive into ourselves: would 'Me' really and truly want this thing done to/for me? The answer might not be so easy sometimes.

Have a joyous day this lovely Monday in Christ!

Bucky

No comments: