Thursday, August 05, 2021

Just One Of Those Others

Bind up the testimony,
Seal the law among my disciples. Isaiah 8:16

Some days I get up and then sit down to write this, and I just know that the great, ultimate, classic short message of the best of the followers of Christ Jesus...uh, does not seem to be in me today. It's like the Holy Spirit has gone quiet. It is on one of those days that I recall some of the twelve disciples that did not seem to say or do anything either. They were listed with the Twelve and were apparently along for the ride. We read more about Joseph of Arimathea or Mary of Magdala than about those honored, but quiet, members of our Lord's handpicked Twelve Disciples. Of course a couple of the prophets back in the day are just as mysterious to us. We know so little about Joel that the scholars are not sure when he received his message from the Word of God. Today, I'm just one of those others, living this short life God has given and putting down a few words that point to the Lord Jesus.

Want salvation? Call on the name of Jesus.

Bucky

No comments: