Friday, June 28, 2019

Living By Faith

​“Behold the proud,
​​His soul is not upright in him;
​​But the just shall live by his faith. Habakkuk 2:4

Was Strong Faith the mighty man of superhero legend? No, faith is strong when it rests in strength, and no one is stronger than the one we know as the Almighty. If we depend upon our faith to be strong, it will rest in us and by now we have come to know our weakness all too well and often. The faith we are given by the Lord must rest in Him. We may even say that any faith we have was given for the express purpose of resting that faith in the Lord.

Weak Christian, strong Christian, fast, slow, busy, lazy... these are worldly terms we might use to compare ourselves one with another. What we have is faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. If one of us could measure with a cup your faith or my faith, he would be looking in the wrong direction. Point the one who would measure to the One who is faithful beyond measure, our Lord Jesus. In this life I could be a busy Christian one season, enjoy the praise of men, and suffer health blows and be thought a slow or lazy Christian the next. But to borrow from Joshua, as for me and my house, we will place our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

My faith is in Jesus. If the world can overthrow my Lord Jesus then I will be overthrown. As I read the Revelation, I see that the world will try a couple of times.

Bucky

No comments: