Monday, May 07, 2018

Have Faith In Me

“I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. Galatians 2:20

Are you afraid of some outcome that is not yet decided? Probably, for that is a state we tend to slip into in this life. So many trials have come our way that we expect others to help us into another one just any day now. Some might say that we are defensively preparing ourselves for the worst possible outcome, but we only find a lack of faith.

Yes, the Lord calls us to have faith in Him. When we are sore beset by imagined terrors of an imaginary future, it is the Lord who reminds us to, "have faith in Me." For we must remember in those difficult times brought on by experience and imagination working together in the worst way that it is God who is in charge. As Paul found, it is no longer you and me living this life but Christ in us. The trial is not the circumstance we see all around us, but the decision to live by faith in God or a sort of anti-faith built of what we think we know.

Except for the revelation by prophecy that God has given to us in His Word, we cannot know what tomorrow will bring; so why then do we imagine a tomorrow and beat ourselves bloody with it? Good question! As we look around at the circumstance today, let us remember God's call to us: "Have faith in Me!"

Amen.
Bucky

No comments: