Saturday, February 12, 2011

Eye Opening - February 12, 2011

Good Saturday morning! Last night I had the experience of both talking about a condition that now exists and realizing the extent of it later in the evening. As we separate from groups of people, we begin to grow apart from them. God leads some of us down one path, others down a different path. Even those who do not acknowledge that God directs their steps may serve his purpose in growing others. Groups may have characteristics we share while we are a part of the group. After a separation for a time the one now apart from the group may come to realize that he no longer fits or even likes a particular characteristic of that group. All of this seems kind of distant and out there, like a theory or something.

Last night we celebrated the departure of a long time friend whom I worked with back in those days up on the hill. He has received a promotion that requires him to relocate to Omaha. As I am one accustomed to more listening than talking in a group, I learned more about how far I have grown away from that former group. Was I really like that once? Certainly, and until the Holy Spirit began working me over, I shared many of the characteristics I witnessed last night. In fact, if we were to go back a few years further, before I gave my life to Jesus again, I would have sounded exactly like one person I heard last night. Meeting the realization of your former faults can at times be eye opening; as in the line from that song, "open the eyes of my heart, Lord." I don't recall who sings the song or the title, but the line does fit.

What will the Lord open the eyes of my heart to see today?

Have a great Saturday in Christ!

Bucky

No comments: